Cleaning your LCD regularly will help you see the display easier.
- Get or make a cleaning solution:
- Make a non abrasive cleaning solution. Dilute isopropyl alcohol (not rubbing alcohol, as it may contain oil) into a solution of no greater than 50% alcohol and 50% with distilled water / deionised water. Purified / bottled water works well too.
- Alternatively, buy a cleaning solution that does not contain bleach, ammonia, or vinegar.
- Power-off and unplug your writer.
- Spray the cleaning solution onto a soft cloth, such as an old T-shirt, lint-free microfiber cloth, or other very soft cloth. A large cloth is best, since it will help to reduce the risk of leaving streaks across the screen from finger pressure..
- Starting from the top, wipe the screen in one direction until you have cleaned the entire screen. Apply light, but distributed pressure. Repeat if necessary.
- Allow to air dry.